Eurotrip 2005 - Summary
The road to Oktoberfest was long and windy, I won’t bore you with all the details but if you are interested in what Phil, James and I got up to you can read my travel diary here:
and view the photos here:
This is a quick summary of what we got up to.
- Drove: 11,394 kilometers
- Stayed in: 14 different countries
- Spent: 193 hours driving (8 full days)
- Went on: ferries, trains, buses, trams, planes, car, bicycles
- Visited: museums, churches, mosques, cathedrals, monasteries, castles
- Drank: numerous dirt cheap beers and bottles of wine
- Ate: some of the most delicious, gourmet and affordable food I have ever tasted
- Admired: heaps of stunning women
- Swam: in the Mediterranean, Adriatic, Black Sea, icy cold rivers, pools, hot springs
- Jumped: off waterfalls in Slovenia
- Woke: Phil up at 7am in Krakow to give him a sausage roll
- Met: heaps of cool people
- Made: some good mates
- Sung: beers songs at Oktoberfest, “Easy Lover” by Phil Collins
- Danced: up a storm on Mykonos
- Saw: many spectacular sights
- Experienced: many different cultures
- Laughed: lots
- Cooked: spaghetti frequently
- Got: 1 flat tyre
- Slept: in tents, hostels, motels, homestays, ferries, in the car and on a park bench
- Hit: 178km/h on the Autobahn
- Learnt: A hell of alot
- Had: the time of my life!
- Didn’t: want to leave Europe!
- Will: be back in Europe soon!
- Highlights: South of France, Southern Italy, Transylvania, Sarajevo, Dubrovnik, Slovenian Alps, Hungary, Krakow, Oktoberfest, North of Germany
I’m back in Kelowna, Canada now. Started back at my engineering job which is going really well. They are going to sponsor me so I might stay here for a few years, see what happens. Big White opened up a couple of weeks ago so every weekend will be spent Snowboarding up there from now on. It’s looking like it’s going to be an awesome season! I also bought a 7 seater van so there will be numerous road trips over the winter and maybe a massive trans North America one next summer (nothing is planned yet but let me know if you are keen to come).